Monday, November 5, 2007

baby animals all the rage in Paris

The next day led to more aimless wandering. We had lunch near the Eiffel Tower in a chichi little cafe where the view was better than food. But the best part was the diner next to me, a little brown daschhund sporting a Mohawk.

Ah, reminded me of the Frenchman when we first met.

A bit more sightseeing, obnoxious Public Displays of Affection, and off to the Champs d'Elysees. We made the entire tour of the Avenue, because I insisted on investigating every. single. shop.

But he got to check out his toys too, meaning we stopped at the BMW store, the Peugeot store, etc. When it got too cold, the Frenchman proposed going to the cinema.

Film du jour? Un Jour Sur Terre - a BBC documentary about nature, and the beauty of planet Earth. His choice.

I had my doubts, but oh my lord was it good. I almost cried when the cheetah caught the gazelle, or when the baby elephant got separated from his mama.

And when that crazy tropical bird from the Amazon did his mating dance? Oh how we laughed!

I'm probably the only person who hasn't seen An Inconvenient Truth, but if you love baby chicks, baby seals, baby polar bears (and who doesn't?) this is for you.

1 comment:

nississima said...

um, sorry to burst your bubble, but i think the documentary in question is on Discovery in the US - Planet Earth. It's AWESOME, je suis d'accord.
http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/planet-earth/planet-earth.html