Wednesday, August 8, 2007

the OC? bah oui

my family always says they know the frenchman loves me because he listens to all my inane prattle.

to my credit, last night we had a super intense conversation via our nifty msn webcam on the pervasive racism in france. and then after it deteriorated into name-calling -

the frenchman: your president is a huge idiot dumbass
me: well your president is friends with mine, so who's the real idiot, hmnn...?
(note*sarkozy is apparently in the states on "holiday" kissing up to his new bff dubya. and that I in no way disagree with the assertion that our president is an idiot dumbass)

- I calmly started painting my nails 'classic red' and ignoring the frenchman.

But then in an effort to ease the tension - because frankly all that talk about prejudice and racism against arabs (not from the frenchman but from other less tolerant frogs) had upset me quite a bit - I started telling him the most recent developments on the OC. I know, the OC is like three years old. and whats the point when the hills is on. but I missed it the first time round, cause I was a judging judy and watching I don't know Will and Grace or something. and its on everyday at 6pm. And i love it.

L.O.V.E. it.

And by extension, so must the frenchman.

So Ryan's dating Taylor now, even though Marisa just died like six months ago. but Taylor's ex french husband just showed up in town after writing a tell all novel about their sexual exploits (here the frenchman's interest temporarily piqued). but the ex is a real intellectual poet while Ryan still works in a Mexican restaurant so i predict that Taylor cheats on him with the french poet. meanwhile Seth just proposed to Summer who said no, and Marisa's mom is running a brothel.

breath.

frenchman: wow, ca bouge (that moves)
me: yes, ca bouge

1 comment:

american alighieri said...

The Hills is far superior to the OC.