Friday, August 31, 2007

smurfette for the day

Am I cursed? Are the forces of evil maligning against me?

Saying DONT GO TO NEW YORK THIS WEEKEND!

Hinting perhaps that Labor Day is meant for something more significant than checking out SJP's fabulous new everything-under-$20 boutique?

This morning at the Charity, I industriously decided to change the toner on the color printer. I breezily read the directions on the box (note: NOT HELPFUL WHATSOEVER) and do my MacGyver thing. After ten minutes of not getting anywhere (and with everyone tied up on a conference call) I finally pulled the damn thing out of the printer...... and then twisted a mysterious lever.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

A cloud of murky blue (oh I'm sorry, I meant cyan) fog descended around me as I froze, torn between fight or flight.

Cyan ink everywhere in our tiny little kitchen. Including the kitchen sink.

Yes, laugh it up. Please, co-workers, laugh it up.


Still mildly blue, I trudged home. And on the ever reliable DC transport system, I stop centimeters short from stepping on a quivering baby bat in its death throes.

I mean really, metropolitan authorities, this isn't an Indiana Jones movie.

What if I was an obese, easily startled tourist?

Hmnn, what then?!?!



What?

Oh, how did I pay for my oh-so-disquieting ride home you ask?

Oh, well with my nifty metro smartrip pass. That I DROPPED IN THE TOILET earlier this week.

Yep. But really, it had almost $75 on it. And what's a lady to do?

Well, she sticks her delicate fingers in the loo and yanks it out. Lovely.


Maybe I'm being overdramatic.


Poor little bat.

No comments: